Dec 9, 2016

Gal Pal Gift Guide

Tis better to give than to receive!

I have mixed feelings about this gift giving season. I love to bless others but I'm not so keen on the pressure to buy and feel that there are better ways to show your love than gifts.  Like quality time - priceless!

There are tons of gift guides floating around out there, just check your Instagram and Pinterest if you're stuck for ideas. With that I'm going to leave all that effort to all the other bloggers, but what I will share with you what I'm actually gifting my gal pals this year.

It is with great intention that I designed this post around my gal pals.  We all have them and we all need them. Amen?!  My gal pals have been beyond instrumental in my life.  They love me and pray for me.  They are right by my side cheering the good times and drying my tears on the bad times.

Girlfriends are the sisters I chose for myself


 Locket || Picture Frame || Wine Glasses || Candle || Present Over Perfect - Grace Not Perfection  ||

Let's break these treasures down ...

Wine Glasses - Everyone loves to cheers and with their beautiful gold leaf base, these are a unique must have.  They also come from one of my favorite shops ever! #shopsmall 

Locket - A timeless classic bauble that's not only pretty but sentimental.  Place pictures of those who are nearest and dearest to you inside.  I actually own this one and I feel special when I wear it.  I also love the modern design of a longer chain.  Great gift for Mamma's!

Candle - If you've ever had one of these burning in your home then you know why it's such a lovely gift.  It truly is the most amazing smell!

Picture Frame - We post and post and post. But I like the traditional way of viewing the moments with a hard copy framed picture.  We've become lazy. Snap a pic on your phone and with just a couple clicks, a filter and a few hashtags it's out for the world to see.  It really only takes the same amount of clicks to send it to Target and you can pick it up as soon as an hour.  And y'all let's be real, we're at Target all the time. As for frames, I typically grab mine at Homegoods but at this time of year there are all kinds of specials and sales at all the home decor stores.  
How sweet it is to display those precious memories, filling your home with the smiles of those you love.

Books - I believe it's important to turn off the noise.  I'm talking no phone, tv, iPad, computer; you know all those sites/social media that suck you in for hours.  Gals, you can't get those hours of your life back and more often than not you close out feeling inadequate.  I'm thrilled to be gifting these books (and receiving for myself) this year.  It's not about perfection in the world's eyes but about presence and grace in God's eyes. Comparison is the thief of joy.  Hold on tight to your blessings!

All of these gifts are modestly priced and are great for absolutely any gal regardless of her style or interests.  

I encourage you to give with love this year and challenge you embrace the gift of face to face time.

Dress Your Gift Giving Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: