Dec 16, 2016

Friday 5: Luxury Look-a-likes

Whew, the holiday hustle is in full swing! While I may not be running around store to store shopping for presents (I made my list early and tackled it quickly), I am enjoying all the holiday soirees and cheers with dear friends.  This weekend is all about Christmas musicals at my church and my Mamma's.  At my church the kiddos are putting on the show and my Mamma is in the choir performing at hers.  I'm so proud of the hard work that goes into putting on these beautiful shows that fill us with the true spirit and love of Christmas! #Jesusisthereason 

When it comes to shoes I'm not your average gal.  I am not overly enthusiastic and have a small inventory compared to most (Mr has a hard time grasping this) but it's the truth.  Like I am constantly sharing with you gals, quality over quantity.  I purchase well made shoes that check the top box of comfort. I also believe that low heeled shoes are far classier and a wise investment. 
Nothing is worse than painful shoes - Can I get an Amen?!!

High end designers make beautiful shoes but they also come with a sky high price.  While I have noticed that recent styles have embraced a lower heel height the cost is still too steep for my wallet.  So, I scout out shoes whose outer, lining and soles are made of leather and look for sewn in soles rather than glued.  These are trademarks for a well constructed shoe.  Just like your garments, shoes should be made of natural elements.
This allows for breathability and for the shoe to conform to your foot for a glove like fit. 

These look-a-likes maybe be a fraction of the cost but they are 100% full of quality and style.

Confession:  I am guilty of owning 4 of the 5 lood-a-likes below. (the exception of the red loafer because I already own these red shoes and don't need 2 pairs of horse bit loafers and my lace up flats are nude)

Gucci is on FIRE and I'm grateful to have found similar looks for less. But I won't be scouting out any impostures when it comes to this handbag - It's #1 on my wish list!



Luxury: Metallic Loafer  ||  Horsebit Loafer  ||  Red Horsebit Slipper  ||  

Look-a-like: Metallic Loafer  ||  Horsebit Loafer  ||  Red Horsebit Slipper  ||  
Velvet Slipper & Here  || Lace Up Flats  ||

Dress Beautifully in Luxury for Less

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: