Jul 15, 2019

Mamma Monday: Time Out

Happy Monday Mammas! This past weekend was a time out for me.  My gal pals and I have been planning a weekend away at the beach for several weeks now. One of the gals just recently purchased a townhome on the coast and we were all eager to warm it with lots of cheers and fun.  I must say I'm proud of all 7 of us for aligning our calendars and coming together. We all went to college together so it was sentimental if you will, to be back to our glory days.


Not everyone there was a Mamma, only 3 of us, and it was one gal's first time away from her 10 month old. Regardless, we all NEED time outs.  A time to refresh, rest and give ourselves change from our weekly grind whatever that may be.

I realize that not everyone can just escape for an entire weekend nor can they herd other gals with them. But I do sincerely believe that time outs are necessary!

This is also where your tribe comes in.  Someone has to keep the littles alive in your absence.  It took Mr. and both of my sisters to care for Vivian Louise for 3 days (because her Daddy works weekends).  But they were all excited to do it.
I left a note of instructions and a stocked fridge of food.

Tip: They've got this! checking in discourages those taking care of your children and fully letting go is the point of your time out.

If you're one of those gals that never asks for help. Shame on you!!! And I'm confident you're one of the first to help others.  And don't keep score either, just because you helped/watched someone else's littles, doesn't mean she has to now watch yours to keep it even.  God gave us each other to lean on, so lean!

It was amazing having her back in my arms after 3 days

Where you go or what you do doesn't matter, just being away for just a bit is all you need to return happier than you left. And it's a guarantee you'll be missed and those reunited hugs and kisses are priceless!

Spent the morning splashing with my little mer-babe

It feels good to leave but it feels even better to come back!

Dress Beautifully While Taking a Time Out

XOXO Sarah-Louise


1 comment:

Adare's Boutique, LLC said...


You guys are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this.I also used these.

Sympli clothing