Jul 29, 2019

Mamma Monday: Toddler Activities

Happy Monday Mammas! In case I haven't told you enough, Mondays are my favorite day of the week.  I feel like I start the day with so much fresh energy.  Vivian Louise is as busy as can be and that means so am I. Thankfully I've never been able to sit still so me and my mini fit perfectly.


And since we are on a mission to have the best Summer ever with all the fun we can squeeze in, I've had to embrace toddler activities.  I say 'had to' because I'm NOT a crafty person.  I don't want the supplies cluttering my home and I HATE messes.  I'm leaving a good portion of activities to her pre-school teachers! But I do want to experience some of them alongside her.

Tip:  Doing them outside is the key to enduring the mess.

So here are some toddler loved activities I've found that I hope you'll enjoy ...

Finger Painting (or watercolor for older kids)




I taped the large paper down on a shady spot on our drive way and had her down to a diaper.  This paint come out super clean (praise!). After we were done I carried her up the stairs and straight into the bath. I probably could have washed her off outside but she was due for a good soak and was excited for more play time.  Two of my Mamma friends recommended getting rolls of paper to use for these projects.

Play-doh



Her Aunt Rebecca got her some for Easter and we've gone outside to play with it on top of clear plastic so it doesn't pick up dirt.  She LOVED it! I have actually seen Mammas make it homemade #NOPE.  By all means enjoy yourself but my version of Motherhood has me making as little as possible.

Paint the Fence


I saw this on Pinterest and it is easy enough for me and water is a mess I don't mind.

Frozen Paint


I'm actually going to put forth the effort to try this.


There's also classic coloring! 

Toddler activities are WAY OUTSIDE my box so I'm going to refer you to the Busy Toddler for lots of fun ideas on keeping your toddlers busy!!!


19 months yesterday!

Be the Mamma that you are! That's what our children love about us, just us.  So if something isn't your style don't do it. I certainly don't. Gracious, you couldn't pay me enough to make her baby food or stock shelves of crafting materials. BUT I will happily have all the play dress up clothes :)



Dress Beautifully
(in casual/discard worthy clothes)
Doing Toddler Activities

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: