Jul 27, 2020

Alfresco

Happy Monday Gals! When it comes to living my best life (I find that phrase annoying but durn, it really fits) I do it alfresco.  Growing up and as an adult, enjoying meals outside and activities when the weather would allow was a given. There's something about fresh air that makes you at easy.  Stepping outside can wash away your troubles and shed light on the goodness around you.
And life is just more fun under the sun!


I've been finding ways to do as much as I can outside. Of course I play with Vivian, but I mean tasks or activities that I just habitually do inside our home I've taken out to our patio.
From devotionals, reading, working on the computer, painting my nails, exercising, phone/video calls, meals, games ... and my favorite, date night!!! (we leave our phones inside and enjoy just us two)

Tea Parties are a regular on the Patio ... and sometimes while still in our night-nights.

Now, I know I was just sharing on Friday's post that it's been hotter than hades outside and AC is as essential as food and water but find you a shady spot in the first and last hours of the day and you will survive!

Vivian's 1st Popsicle!

Our patio is one of my favorite things about our home because it is a great space to do all the things in the open air.  Now, I haven't focused on sharing it because it's 'not ready'. Meaning, we want new furniture, an umbrella, stringing lights and it needs a good power wash.  But I was reminded of encouragement I often share, that waiting until something is 'perfect' holds you back. It may not be exactly what we want right now, but it's exactly what we need for creating fun memories!

So I hope you not only find a cool place outside to enjoy but that you step out just as you are, open your home just as it is and let the pressure of perfection go!!!

I can't ignore the fashion element of being in the elements ... cotton is king! Light weight natural fibers like cotton and linen are the only ones that will do on a hot summer day.

Here's where we cheers to the good life, alfresco!




Turning around towards the backyard, we use the double driveway to set up her splash pad.


Mammas, playing outside is the greatest fun you'll have with your family and yourself!

Dress Beautifully Alfresco

XOXO Sarah-Louise

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

Yay! Yes, the enemy of good is great (perfect) sometimes. I have many regrets over times I’ve not opened my home bc I felt it wasn’t enough. I missed out on a lot! Thankful to have grown a bit since then.