Jul 6, 2020

Happy & Healthy

Gals, we are half way through the CRAZIEST year EVER!!! #amen

We have been challenged in ways we never imagined and we have no idea when and dare I say 'if' we will return to normal.

Regardless of a pandemic it is of extreme importance to me to be healthy.  Being healthy not only keeps me happy, capable and alive it allows me to do for others. I'm not on this earth to live for myself and my own wants but to do for others in a way that glorifies God.

Dr. Vivian

So here are things that I do to try and stay healthy ...

1. Ready my bible


You can have, do and eat ALL the things but only Jesus can transform your heart!
I should have titled this 'Study' my bible. It's one thing to hear the Word on Sunday mornings and read your daily scripture every day, but getting into the Word in a way that lights you on fire to DO something is the ultimate way to be healthy inside and out.
Forget self-care, we need Soul Care!

2. Exercise


Gals I sweat and push my body hard nearly every single day! I balance cardio sessions and weight lifting to strengthen myself head to toe.  I'll be honest, I'm not good at stretching but I'm working on doing it more. I could write for days on how wonderful fitness is for your organs, muscles, joints and sanity (it's an ultimate high for me) but Nike said it best, Just Do It!

3. Eat Clean

Vivian adores a prepackaged snack :)

I'm a unicorn when it comes to food.  I could absolutely care less about it.  I detest cooking. Shoot, I avoid my kitchen like it's Covid-19. However, it's a necessity so if I must eat it has to be clean.  I eat lean meats, vegetables and fruits as raw as possible every single meal.  I barely have any food products that come from a box or bag. I also almost never eat out, only socially or on a date.
Basically, you are what you eat so eat things that will do your body good.

4. Take out the garbage


What I mean by this is what you watch, listen to, read and the people you hang around have major influences on you so be mindful.  Over this past year I removed most of the tv shows I used to watch. I thought I would miss them but I haven't.  They weren't edifying and were honestly garbage. This applies to Facebook and Instagram too. They can impact your view of others and yourself positively and negatively so friend and follow the encouraging ones!

5. Fellowship

My Sisters

Love God and love others. I know our circumstances have limitations but let's be grateful for the resources we have and use them. Video, phone calls, and outdoor gatherings (I had a parking lot party for my 37th birthday - you do what you have to do for some face-to-face fun!) We are not on this earth to live for ourselves but to love, encourage and disciple with one another. Whether it's laughter or tears share the good and the hard times with your family and friends. Together is the best way to be!

These are the big ways I stay happy and healthy but a multivitamin, lots of water, regular doctor visits and an apple a day won't hurt either.

Note: I have gal pals that believe in oils, herbs and what I call witch's brew (all natural concoctions) ... you're on your own to research those. I'm happy popping an ibuprofen when something hurts. 

Sunshine is the Best Medicine

Dress Beautifully with a Healthy Body & Soul

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: