Jul 17, 2020

LBD Summer Style

TGIF! It's been a hot week here in Charlotte but we've sweated through it with a lot of extra water and smiles because I'd rather be outside playing.

One of the things I'd rather not do, is wear the color black.  It's almost my least favorite color (sad sad gray holds the #1 spot - I refuse to dress or live looking like a prison). As much as I prefer light and bright shades, black is very striking and classic. You don't have to ditch the dark during the hot months. I'm going to show you how mixing in casual light accessories can give your LBD all the Summer vibes.

Tips:
1. A LBD in cotton or linen is best for warmer months - for all the reasons!
2. Coif your hair in a loose, relaxed style.
3. Keep your make up soft and natural and your lip color bright.

Black Dresses - Here - Here - Here - Here - Here


Add a rattan belt.  This not only breaks up the dark canvas but adds a natural & coastal texture.  Bonus: belts enhance your figure in such a flattery shapely way.  This belt is slightly stretchy, allows to you adjust to just the perfect snugness as you just perforate the weave and it comes in several colors (and in just 1-2 days!)

Wedges are a Summer essential for height and easy movement.


Add a Hat.  They make such a feminine statement while serving an essential function of providing cool shade from the sun (no wrinkles for me!). Top off you look with a light straw hat and for fun try swapping out the ribbon for a print/fabric that speaks to you. I promise you'll make a pretty statement at your next outdoor soiree.
You can also hide your hair underneath and avoid styling! Humidity will always win gals.

Espadrilles are my most favorite shoes this year! I'm wearing them constantly.  I've always loved the elegant ties but shied away because of my big ol' ankles.  Not anymore! I'm not letting my body insecurities hold me back (that does Not mean I stop dressing to flatter).


Natural Bags are so popular this year. You can just about find them anywhere. At your next target run, the mall j/k online or you could hunt at your favorite antique shop.  Etsy is like an online version, which is where I found this 70's wood beaded bag. When a trend is a comeback I try and source it from it's origin.

A flat sandal is a favorite shoe pairing for the Summer for its comfort and casual look. The key to styling a LBD in summer is to tone down the formality.  Save the pearls and pumps for the stuffier occasions.
These star wrap sandals are the most comfortable to walk in and they're super cute!


Color and print will most definitely cheer up a dark look. Prints also add dimension and interest against solids.  Love a colored snake bag! Metallics may be one of my favorite additions to any outfit.  I love shiny things (just like my toddler).  These shiny sandals add just the right amount of dressy while still pairing beautifully with a laid back look such a shorts. Jewelry can also act as your something shiny.


Seashell accessories instantly give you those beach vacation vibes. And I don't know who isn't craving a vacation these days!
Here is some pretty shell jewelry to mix in this summer - Here & Here & Here

These gold sandals are my 3rd of 4th pair, I've lost track. I absolutely love them and wear them with everything during Spring & Summer. Available in a ton of colors.

Have a wonderful weekend :)
And stay cool 😎

Dress Beautifully in a LBD this Summer

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: