Jan 11, 2021

Dignity in Motherhood

 She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future. 

Proverbs 31:25

THERE IS GREAT DIGNITY IN MOTHERHOOD.

This has never occurred to me. Dignity isn't a word that I have used nor thought about much.

Dignity according to the dictionary means worthy, noble, elevated rank, and bearing conduct and/or speech indicative of self-respect.

At my last MOPS meeting we discussed dignity in motherhood and after having a lot of thoughts about it, I decided I wanted to share them with you in hopes they will be uplifting as they were to me.

There's this notion that prestige exists only in a clean, fancy and sophisticated environment and that the environment of motherhood is messy, disheveled and rudimentary. Lies.

But I believed that. Before becoming a mother I was working hard in the corporate world and knew with certainty that I would continue to do so in addition to having a child. Never say never. Here I am out of the office and more content that I have ever been.  The funny thing is I find myself fighting my own contentment, thinking I'm less than for actually having joy outside the hustle & inside my home with a child. All because it wasn't my plan. And a less than mother for missing that hustle every single day. It is utterly frustrating to battle our blessings and it makes no sense.

Fact: His plans are always better than ours.

The truth is wherever you are, whoever you are and whatever you do, you possess dignity!

Dignity is revealed to us in our struggles not in the ease of things. We can choose to rise above and persevere with self discipline and endurance. Most of all we can have faith & trust in God's promises of a perfect plan, protection and provision.

Dignity is amplified when we come together. When we walk alongside each other with encouragement, support and a helping hand. 

Dignity transcends all experiences. Whether it is changing countless diapers and chasing a toddler or having tough conversations after a long day at work with a teenager, each and every one of us is deserving of dignity. We are raising and caring for God's greatest gifts. The impact we make is paramount. 


There is dignity in the way we regard ourselves. I encourage you to remind yourself and to extend dignity to others. For the mothers of full arms, of hope and of one day, you are worthy of dignity!

Dress Beautifully in Dignity

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: