Jan 1, 2021

Happy New Year 2021!

Happy New Year! I can feel the world's hopeful hearts as we say goodbye to 2020, a year like no other, and ring in 2021 with optimism. 

Last year my goals were centered around being more giving, you can read my post here.

This year, my goals are centered around Purpose! 

With the overwhelming amount of influences around  it is easy for comparison and expectation to cloud. I want to be more intentional with what I do and share so that it's encouraging, inspirational and joyful.

I'm going to strive in 2021 to focus on Purpose over

1. Popularity - there's not a single person that doesn't enjoy praise and 'likes' but I don't want that to be my motivation. I want to be honest and genuine in what I share.

2. Productivity - I'm a type A gal through and through and my desire to do it all (utterly impossible) can distract me from the present. I want to welcome interruptions and cherish the moments. The to-do list can wait, while making memories can not!

3. Perfection - I'm not perfect, but I am made with a plan. I want to focus on what He calls me to be not what the world says. I want to stay true to myself, even the messy parts because those can be the most fun if you let them :) 

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, 
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. 
Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is
his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

In addition to being more purposeful I also want to:

  • Practice a consistent skin care routine - I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to look like it!
  • Drink more water - every. single. year. 
  • Keep a daily gratitude journal - my Mamma gave me a blank book that's perfect for my thoughts.
  • Organize & maintain my photos - the struggle is tens of thousands deep!
  • Wear my wardrobe - style pieces I already have in new creative ways more than browsing the store/online racks
I encourage you to pray about what is best for you to focus on in 2021.
I also believe it's great to share with a friend to help you along the way!

Dress Beautifully in 2021

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: