Jan 22, 2021

Friday Favorites: Elevated Basics

 A basic white t-shirt & jeans is a classic choice for a casual outfit. 

But in efforts to not be plain, there are easy ways to elevate this look.


Blazers are essential to the office but get your money's worth and wear them on the weekends too.
In a light weight wool, they're an all season piece that lays beautifully, adding shape (waist defining!) and sophistication to the most relaxed pieces. 

Blazer Tips: 
  • Light weight wool (natural & high quality)
  • Functional cuff buttons - Cuffing creates a casual look highlighting the lining/pop of print, makes arms appear longer & shows off jewelry
  • Hem hits just below the hip for an elongated look

Moto Jackets are a chic and slightly edgy layering piece. It's my go-to piece when I'm trying to look 'cool'.
BlankNYC is my favorite brand for tons of color options and price point. 


Puffer coats have been all the rage for the past few years for their comfort and function.  They're very casual but winning in the warm and dry department.  Since atheisure doesn't suit my style adding jewelry and a scarf is the perfect way to add femininity. 

As for shoes with these looks, loafers, mules, or ballet flats are all very pretty choices.
For the past 3 years I've been wearing these sneakers the most.  They're so comfortable, ideal for chasing my darling and very much trending. My feet are grateful!

Here are my favorites for a elevated casual look ...


I like V-necks for elongating the face.


Seriously love these! 
A splurge (I hunted & waited and found them over half off last year)


Navy, Black & Camel are my fav. neutrals




I love this one because it's not so big & puffy for easy movement while still high performance in the cold.



I'm dying over this pair!


I wear these a lot! Leather is soft and super comfortable.


These were a splurge - similar option


Dress Your Basics Beautifully

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: