Apr 12, 2021

Mamma Monday: Welcoming Interruptions

 I have important things to do, this is true, 

but the most important thing right now is me loving you!

Gals, I don't know about you but I'm a planner and Type-A personality through and through.  I thrive on structure and routine.  I organize my days, weeks, months and years with lots of lists.

I get a very happy sense of satisfaction crossing off my to-do's. It creates a sense of success and productivity when I've completed things.

But as we all know, life throw us interruptions. These interruptions are never accounted for in my schedule. My instinct is typically to be flustered, annoyed and upset about them and the time lost.

Here's some typical interruptions: the phone rings right in the middle of a task, an unexpected financial responsibility, a clinging toddler when I'm trying to cook dinner, or a meeting when my work day was already overbooked with deadlines. 

I've been praying asking God to help soften my heart to interruptions. I know that He allows my day to be disrupted for His purpose. I want to welcome a conversation with friend, delight in dropping my task to play with my darling, and be content with abandoning the list to enjoy sunshine & fun.

Life doesn't always go our way, and it's always twisting and turning, but we can choose to follow His way trusting in His plan, provisions and presence! 

His agenda is always more fruitful! 

People are More Important than Projects!

I get it, you've got things to do. But just maybe what you NEED is to slow down and push pause for something greater. 

Those conversations can encourage and bless not only the other person but yourself!
The to-do list will keep, your children will not.  You only get one today. Vivian is only 3 years and 3 months old once and I want to savor her right where she is.
Embracing the gift of another day with gratitude by doing something fun, is far more rewarding than a clean house.

I encourage you to welcome God's interruptions because 
He has a wonderful plan for so much good. 

Dress Beautifully Through Life's Interruptions 

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: