Apr 16, 2021

Friday Favorites: Muscle Tanks & Not So Short Shorts

TGIF! The temps are rising around here which means outfits are getting smaller in efforts to stay cool. 

circa Summer 2017
Still love these denim shorts

This is an area of anxiety for me as shorts are a Summer staple and I struggle to be confident with my legs despite the rigorous exercising I've been doing for decades. I literally pray and coach myself in working to be grateful for their strength, speed and health.  They've carried me nearly 38 years without fail, even through a few half marathons, and while they'll never be strutting down a runway, they are a gift.

I'm a petite gal, but proportionately my legs are a bit bigger.  It's a challenge to find shorts that fit the waist and hips while having ample room in the leg.

Ta-Da! I've found some! I still have to take a deep breath before walking out of my door in them, but I have yet to have someone not be my friend because of a little cellulite and cankles.

Nothing goes better with shorts than a classic cotton tank! 

I'm a tank over tee gal because I feel I can move easier, stay a little cooler and they create balanced proportions since I tend to wear more coverage on my lower body. And I actually like my arms and shoulders.

Stylistically, the muscle tank is on trend, but it's also functional in that you won't have to worry about concealing your bra straps and the wider strong shoulder helps create an hourglass silhouette. 

Here are my favorite tanks & shorts:


These Shorts are high rise and have plenty of room in the leg.
Sizing: I typically go down in jeans to a 24 in this brand, but in shorts I stayed true to size at 25
These are much lower in price than designer options and are better fit and quality in my opinion!

This tank is super soft with delicate pleating at the shoulder.
I have it in 5 colors (8 available) I love it so much. I have both sizes xs & xs petite
Fantastic price!

tank sold out :(

These chino shorts are very soft, sit higher on the waist and have a slight stretch for comfort.
I have them in 4 colors and took my normal size 0.


Wore this color yesterday - Best part, price is right!
2 fit options & 8 colors I chose the standard/modern fit

My top - lots of colors.


I also have these denim shorts. Lots of room in the leg!


These longer high rise denim shorts have received great reviews.  I have them ordered but I did size up.
5 wash/finish options


I have them ordered in my normal size.


Muscle Tank - 3 colors





Dress Beautifully in Muscle Tanks & Shorts

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: