May 7, 2021

Friday Favorites: Sassy Sneakers

TGIF! Trends tend to be unique and fade fast but finally there's a trend that isn't outrageous but actually practical and purposeful. I'm talking about walking sneakers! Wearing simple sneakers paired across a variety of looks is a trend I'm a big big fan of. 
I never gave sneakers much thought until 3 years ago (I was more of a heeled pump kind of gal). Now, I wear my sneakers daily. 

Fun Fact: I used to think my Mamma lacked style by wearing sneakers with her dresses ... She was simply ahead of the times! 



I bought my first pair right after Vivian was born and gracious have I got my money's worth! Read why I love Golden Goose sneakers & my 5 reasons to invest in these on this post. I added a second pair recently but this time with color and sparkles :)

Note: These Golden Goose sneakers are costly, but when evaluating the cost/per wear it's a smart spend. I try to save and spend very little on pieces that are more occasional.

While I may not jump on the athletic wear train, I do enjoy being active and playing (more like chasing) my darling Vivian. So I will absolutely wear a fun sneaker with a dress, skirt, jeans .... basically any outfit so that I can strut around in style. I believe that's the key to making sneakers chic, pairing them with contrasting dressier pieces.  And if you are a gal that likes leisure wear, try dressing them up with some jewelry and/or a scarf.  Pairing opposites creates an interesting and balanced style. 

Here are some super sassy sneakers ...








Lace Up Ladies in a Sassy Pair of Sneakers

Dress Beautifully in Sneakers

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: