Jun 14, 2021

Mamma Monday: Juggling Act

Life can often feel like a juggling act ... amen?!!


We are constantly balancing ALL the things and working hard not to let anything hit the ground. No pressure! I don't know about you but I wasn't given any magic powers and while some days feel like they deserve a standing ovation, some feel like I'm right in the middle of the circus ring.

I feel that as women & particularly as mothers, the number of responsibilities, tasks and things we are constantly thinking about is as long as a child's Christmas wish list! 

Personally, I'm a wife, mamma, daughter, sister, gal pal, Sunday school teacher, Junior Leaguer, blogger, chef (lets be honest more of a defroster), house keeper, errand runner, gardener, playmate and overall concierge. Oh and I need to squeeze in exercising, grooming and just maybe a little down time because every circus act needs an intermission! We have things to juggle and the show must go on.

So how are we supposed to do it?? 


Here's how I'm trying to juggle ....

1. Determine the Nonnegotiable 

My family is #1! That means quality time and investment into them. Dating Ryan, caring for & playing with Vivian with minimal distractions or attempting to multitask. Then my extended family such as my sisters & Mamma, gal pals, daily exercising and a tidy home.  These things are a MUST. 

Sometimes the chores happen later, the schedule is shifted and that I skirt the rules for fun #noregrets


2. Choose the things you can keep & let go of (even if temporary)

I feel called to minister to teenage young ladies as a Sunday school teacher. I absolutely love writing this blog in efforts to encourage & inspire you gals and being involved in my MOPS group adds so much value. So I've chosen to continue pouring into them.

But since I can't do it all gracefully, I have taken a break from my career, decided to be an inactive member of the Junior league and step back from volunteering at 3 nonprofits.  I will still support them in other ways. These decisions were hard to make but they make life easier. I'd be lying if I said I didn't crave a spreadsheet or team meetings in the conference room on a regular basis. The suits still hanging in my closet are a reminder of those days. 

This does NOT mean that I am less than. It means I'm MORE to what matters most at this time in my life.
Confession:  I battle with this and have to say it over and over all the time!



3. Do NOT Compare

What you're juggling isn't the same as someone else's. 

Limits make room for more joy.  When there is less you can be more at ease and better for others & your priorities.  It takes practice and daily effort to have contentment. I often feel like there's an element of failure or inadequacy if I'm not meeting the standards I've created.  The truth is, the standard is what God wants of me. 

Meal prepping, chore charts, and calendars are all tools that can help you juggle. I also make a lot of lists. Leaning on others I find lightens the load and fills you with love.


Focus on quality over quantity when it comes to the things you invest your time in to.

With less you can have so much more!

Dress Beautifully Juggling 

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: