Jun 2, 2021

Mini Matching Set

                                     

Gals, I'm home sweet home from the most magical week at the beach with my family! If you follow me on Instagram I recapped each day in the evenings sharing pictures & videos on my stories and posts. While I didn't go completely off the grid I limited myself to only using my phone as a camera during the day and caught up briefly online at night after Vivian was asleep. 

It felt so joyful to play on the beach and splash in the ocean with Vivian. It was also restorative to be present with the ones I love most, soaking up wonder & beauty of the seashore. The sunrise and sunset alone are the prettiest pictures you'll ever see!

We only got dressed and left our beach house once to get ice cream one evening after dinner. 
So this matching yellow eyelet top & mini skirt was the only 'outfit' I wore all week aside from swimsuits and a tank & shorts combo at the end of each day.

I love the look of mini dresses but in reality they tend to be too short for my comfort. And going up a size makes the bodice too big. A matching set gives you a monochromatic look but also allows you a variety of styling options by splitting the piece up. My favorite is the ability to select different sizes for a best fit.

My upper body is smaller than my lower so I ordered this top in an xxs (my true size) and chose to go up a size in the skirt to a small for a tad extra length.  Since the waist is elastic I knew I wouldn't have to worry about it being too big and can adjust from a high or lower placement on my waist. Praise for the flexibility of stretchy waistbands. 

If you choose to split these pieces up, the top will pair beautifully with shorts, skirts, and pants while the skirt would be super cute with a graphic tee and sneakers. The pastel yellow is soft and neutral so it coordinates nicely with just about anything!



Yellow Eyelet Top & Mini Skirt | Similar Set in White Floral Top & Skirt |

Dress Beautifully in an Eyelet Matching Set 

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: