Jun 28, 2021

Quiet Time Basket

Good Morning! Quiet time is the most important time of my day.  It's time alone with no distractions that I spend with God in His Word, praying, studying and reflecting. 

In order to obtain this luxurious peace as a Mamma, I wake up at 5. It's not hard for me as I've always been a morning person, no alarm, I just pop up and start my day.  It also allows me to do other things like blog, exercise, tidy, etc ... all before Vivian wakes up. I do go to bed very early!

I recently received this basket full of gifts that I'm now using to hold the things I use during my quiet time.  This simple basket has been such a blessing. It's sturdy and a perfect size to hold everything I need.  Before my things were scattered from my handbag, bedside table and desk. Now they're all together in one place in a neat and organized manner (cleanliness is next to Godliness). 

The best part is that I can carry this basket to wherever I want to cozy up: outside on the patio, our sunroom or any comfy chair throughout our home.  I've even curled up in the rocking chair in Vivian's nursery when she's away. It's the most comfortable chair and the prettiest room.  I also miss her like crazy when she's gone despite often being desperate for a break, that's real motherhood for ya!

Here's what's in my basket and some suggestions for filling your own:

1. Bible - I use this study one.  It's too big to carry to church but perfect for at home. I love all the notes. 

2. Journal - I write down my thoughts, encouraging scripture and even questions to ponder. I also have a specific gratitude journal.

3. Devotionals - these 2 books 'Be Still' & 'Focus' are great! When I'm lacking focus or in between a study book they encourage me and keep me in His Word. They're also perfect for when I'm short on time or midday during Vivian's nap. 

4. Book - currently I'm readying 'Shepherding a Child's Heart'

5. Box - I keep blank cardstock to write down special encouragements, verses or thoughts and keep them there to revisit. Sometimes I pull one out and mail it to a friend. 

6. Stationary/Cards - I send correspondence every week, and by keeping the cards in my basket I can write to whomever is on my heart or that I'm praying for. 

7. Pens, Markers, Highlighters - I love to write! Lists, notes and scribbles to really put to memory what I'm studying. (I keep this basket put away and have taught Vivian that it's not for her to play with)

8. NO phone - this is something I would leave OUT of the basket.  I put mine on silent and in another room.  I feel strongly about this!

Suggested Additions ...

9. Blanket - It's Summer so no warmth needed but one could be nice to have for the cooler months or if you're cold natured.

10. Refreshments - maybe some snack bars, hard candy or dried fruit to enjoy.

Dress Beautifully in Quiet Time

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: