Jul 21, 2021

Cut It Out

 



Gals, I've been cutting out to travel as much as I can this Summer.  It was one of my goals that I set at my last birthday in April to take more trips and sprinkle in spontaneity.  It has proven to add so much joy in the experiences and time with my favorites.

When I'm on vacation I like to dress the part in fun, colorful and not so everyday pieces.  I like to push pause on the practical and embrace the escape. 

Cut out dresses are a hot trend this season and I think they are a creative and sassy option on a getaway.  Let me just address the obvious. Yes, there are intentional exposures on the midsection and no these garments are not appropriate for church or around your grandma but by the sea you'll be as pretty as can be.

You can absolutely keep it classy with cut outs.  The key is that they are small and that the remaining elements of the dress provide coverage.  This maxi dress has ample chest coverage and allows me to wear a normal bra. The skirt is voluminous in a full length.  The only areas exposed in a nontraditional way is along the base of my ribcage. Pieces that expose more than that, like those that are backless and/or short, aren't as flattering because they illuminate the ability to wear undergarments and expose far too much.

You want a subtle show of skin ... not everything your Mamma gave you! #amen

Note: In my strong opinion, your belly button should ALWAYS be covered when wearing cut outs or cropped pieces. It's just ick unless you're in a bikini.

Fashion should be fun so by adding a piece like this one to your wardrobe you're incorporating the merry elements of the occasions you'll wear it to. 









Dress Beautifully in a Cut Out Dress

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: