Jul 30, 2021

DIY Beauty Shop

TGI-Summer!
Going to the beauty shop has been a luxury for us gals for decades.  Having someone to primp and pamper you is a treat. 

There are so many services available these days.  You can go to a salon/spa for manicures, pedicures, facials, blow outs, hair cuts & colors, spray tans, facials, massages, waxes etc…

There’s a reason for professionals in the beauty world and their skill deserves the upmost respect. But they do come at a price and require planning and time.

Vivian's Play Vanity

For as long as I can remember I’ve made my home a beauty shop for the following:

Manicures - I paint my nails each and every Saturday so they’re nice for church on Sunday morning and for the week.

Pedicures - if you know me in real life, you know I have horrendous feet (my sister calls them hooves) so I can’t say I do this at home but my toenails are always polished.

Facials - I use this face mask a few times a week. 

Blow Out/Style - I’m a master with a round brush, curling iron and even hot rollers.

Hair color - I shampoo in semipermanent color to brighten my hair about once a month. 

Tanning - I use a bronzing lotion on my legs from April- October 1-2 times a week. 

I leave these in the hands of professionals: 
hair cuts, about 4 a year
Waxing - a necessity come Summer 
I never ever get massages but if I did I’d definitely be at a spa.
Any injectables 

Vivian was able to get her bandage off on Wednesday and we headed straight for the pool!
We always paint our nails outside!

I encourage you to save some time and money by treating yourself to a day of beauty right at home!

Dress Beautifully Primping at Home

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: