Jul 12, 2021

Ending Your Day Beautifully


There are sunsets and then there are sunsets over the water.
  The vibrant colors across the sky, rays of golden light and glistening ripples of water make for a masterpiece that’s so majestic only God could create it. I was blessed with the privilege of sunset cruising with my gal pals several weeks ago and gracious was the view breath taking! 


Personally, I’m more of a sunrise kind of gal. I wake up around 5am each morning energized (no alarm needed) and ready to use the 2 hours before Vivian awakes for quiet time with God, chores, blogging, exercise, etc.

With that, I’m far from a night owl and rarely ever stay up past 9pm. And though the night isn’t my prime it’s just as important to use those last moments for good. Parents typically instill a night time routine for children to help them finish the day.  I believe adults should have a healthy way to end the day too. 
I have gal pals that brew hot tea, face mask, and read; all of which are wonderful ways to wind down. 


Here’s what I try and do to end my days beautifully …

20 Min Tidy


I clean up from our activities in a focused manner so that I wake up to a home that’s clean and ready.  I often set a timer and leave what isn’t completed for the next day. Some nights I don’t need to do this but on the ones I do I’m glad I did when I wake up.

Next Day Prep


Whether it’s pulling meat out of the freezer for meals, setting out clothes (ironing if needed), making lunches, or packing gym bag/pool bag, preparing ahead makes things a lot easier. 

Night Beauty



Remove make up, wash face, apply mask and creams (eye, retinol, lash serum & moisturizer).
Brush & floss teeth
Comb and pull back hair

Catch Up


Message, email or phone calls with my sisters, gal pals and Mamma often happen in the evening hours because they’re quiet (toddlers do not like it when their Mamma is on the phone!). We share updates, encouragement and laughter. 
Tip: Put in some earphones and have your conversations while you tidy.

Pray


Thank Him for allowing you the privilege of another day, the blessings he filled it with and even the challenges as they allow you to grow for His purpose.


Look back at the day with thanksgiving, then look towards tomorrow with hope!

Dress Beautifully Ending Your Day

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: