Jul 9, 2021

Friday Favorites: Vacation To-Do

TGI-Summer! 2021 is the year of vacations for me. Honestly, I believe it is for a lot of us.  Last year made me realize just how much quality time and experiences mean to me and I'm going to make every effort to get as much as I can. 

Running to the ocean for the first time in 2 years with my darling May '21

Here are some of my favorite things to do on vacation ...


Bike Ride



This has jumped to the #1 spot this year of things I love to do on vacation.  Last year my gal pals and I went bike riding after dinner along the beach as the sun was setting and I absolutely LOVED it! Then this year I traveled to Longboat Key, FL with the same gal pals and we biked all over, along the water & even into a nearby town. 



And last month, Ryan & I took a trip to Kiawah Island, SC just us two and biked every day all over the island and to top it off, we even biked ON the beach.  That is something I’ve never done and let me tell you it was amazing! The island is quiet and you feel peaceful and secluded. The sand was hard, water calm and the breeze on your face was magical. 


It’s also great way to see a new place and somewhere coastal is alway scenic.


Read



How relaxing to sit with your toes in the sand and a good book in your hand.  Not only have you escaped to somewhere nice, you can also escape in your mind into the story of new characters and adventures. 

I read so much more in the Summer while sitting on the beach, laying in my hammock or out on our patio once Vivian’s in bed. The longer days and getaways give more time to have my nose stuck in a book.


Watch the Sunrise & Sunset


The most beautiful way to start and end your day is with a grateful heart. To see God’s colorful masterpiece across the sky is a reminder of his presence, provision and power over our lives. No camera can truly capture the majestic beauty of a cotton candy sky.  


Most days I wake up before everyone else and sneak out to watch the sunrise.  I enjoy the quiet time before all the fun.



When it comes to sunsets I enjoy those best with Ryan. An evening stroll hand in hand or snuggled up on the porch appreciating the day we had.

Cruising on a boat will give you some breathtaking views!

Explore Nature


I love the outdoors. If you truly stop to take in the wonder of His creation it will blow your mind. From the pattern of leaves on the tress, rainbow of colors in a wild flower patch, the rolling waves crashing into the shore, luscious carpet of moss growing on the ground, to the sweet songs of the birds in the air you are surrounded by majestic beauty.



I always bring home natural souvenirs, rocks, pressed leaves or flowers and seashells.

When planning a trip add going on a walk, run or hike and explore the native terrain.


Sip & Share 



Cheers! It’s important to celebrate and give thanks for the blessing of getting away with the ones you love. Whether it’s with a morning cup of coffee out on the deck or cocktails out on the town, enjoy! Let your cares go and just be present in the happy.



Sitting down to share and listen to each other is what loving each other is all about.  Laughter is the icing on top!



Wherever you go, whoever you're with, laugh!

There is nothing better to do on vacation than that!


Dress Beautifully on Vacation


XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: