Jul 2, 2021

Friday Favorites: Swimsuits

 TGI-Summer! The season of swimsuits. I can hear just about every gal I know say 'ugh'.  Yes, you are very exposed and wrapped tight but it's also splash season and breezy cotton doesn't work well when wet. 


I struggle daily with my body image but year by year and day by day I am raising my self esteem and confidence with daily exercise and dressing beautifully inside then on my outside.

Here are some things I pray and remind myself:
1. I am made beautiful.
2. I am strong and healthy
3. No one cares! 

It's true gals, God doesn't make mistakes and he made you with a wonderful purpose. He also made us capable. When I'm down about the look of my legs, I stop and give thanks that I have them and that they're strong. I also remind myself that my friends don't love me for my physique and ladies are going to talk to you at the pool with no regard to your lovely lady lumps. 


I'm about to share pictures of myself in swimsuits and while I'm a small gal and fit I want to remind you that these are just pictures and it is very hard for me to put them out here BUT see encouragement above!

Also I'm only sharing suits I personally own, have tried on or know with confidence from others that they are fit for recommending. There are a TON of options out there.  J Crew & Boden have become my two favorite brands. 

Tips for choosing a swimsuit:
1. Prints camouflage and slim
2. Chest Support - when they are lifted and contained you look longer and stand taller
3. Full Coverage Bottom - I shouldn't have to elaborate. It's just decent. Also who wants to be tugging and pulling when you move.

Here are my favorite 2 pieces ...


This one has an underwire and great coverage 
I'm a size 32DD for reference 


I found this string bikini to be very well made, supportive and covered nicely.


This top is available in bra sizes! 
I love bottoms with a band. I find them to be very slimming and comfortable.


I have this suit in this tropical print and love it!
The top is super supportive and I feel it's cute enough to wear on a gals trip while also comfortable when playing at the pool with Vivian.

Note: I am not a fan of high waisted bottoms, while they look great on models and others my extremely short torso & I haven't found them flattering or comfortable.
But they are pretty and worth trying!


I think this is so cute and not to mention protective from the sun!

Here are my favorite 1 pieces ...


This one is actually Amazon & I can attest it's a GOOD one!
I rarely shop amazon and always skeptical of the quality and I highly approve.
Amazing coverage and Sassy!


This suit has been all the rage for a few years. I finally purchased it in this soft blue palette.
Honestly, I'm surprised it's so well praised because there is absolutely nothing for your chest.  It's literally just a fabric suit. So your girls are just hanging in it.
I thought maybe I just needed to go down a size because I didn't notice any of the 'compression' it says it should have but let's just say my cheeks would be out even more if I did. #nope
I will continue to wear it but would have liked something in the chest for support.


I love this retro style. I do not typically opt for the bandeau/strapless styles as they squish my chest down and I hate yanking them up constantly but this one works with the halter strap. The print is so pretty.


this is my very favorite design - it's supportive, modern and just the right amount of coverage without being matronly




The most important thing is to cast those worries into the water and have FUN in your swimsuit!

Dress Beautifully in a Swimsuit

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: