Oct 4, 2021

Pink & Marble Bathroom

 


If you're ever our guest this precious pink bathroom will be yours.  You'll be sharing it with our precious Vivian but she's little and quite the helper when it comes to beautifying in the mornings.

This bathroom was actually complete nearly a year ago except for painting the vanity cabinets white.  I've been avoiding it because, well, it's the worst! And wasn't a big enough project to hire out.
When school started I bit the bullet and along with some good music took these cabinets from dark to light and I can honestly say it was worth it!

Our upstairs guest bathroom was simply dated and just needed a refresh. It is actually quite large and has a very unique vanity. The floor, porcelain tub, and toilet were original to our home's 1963 construction.  There was a update to the fixtures and vanity around it's midlife but even it was in dire need of retirement.

 I wanted this bathroom to be light, bright and classic.  I chose large porcelain tiles to complement the higher square footage, a matching quartz countertop and shiny chrome fixtures since I was keeping some that were existing. Also, Ryan won't let me cover the entire house in shiny brass, sigh. 

Note: While marble is beautiful it's expensive and super fragile. This bathroom 'looks' like marble but is far more practical.

BEFORE



AFTER



I found these vintage hand towels & holder at an antique shop


I absolutely LOVE the large window!
But I do know that the kids that were raised here prior escaped out of it


We kept the bead-board ceiling - I would have never done it but I think it's pretty.
I swapped out the light globes for clear modern ones.




Dress Your Bathroom Bright & Beautifully 

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: