Nov 10, 2021

Dots for Decades

 


Princess Diana & Kate are proof that polka dot dresses are always a beautiful choice. I've had this dress a while and intentionally wanted to post it as often blogs & social media can portray a perspective that you always need new & current pieces. 

Note:  I was able to link several current polka dot dress, more proof that they're a forever piece!

Having a wardrobe full of classics is a wise and pretty investment as you'll wear them over time.  I believe the key is choosing design elements that suit you (I love collars and cuffs) and silhouettes that flatter.  I'm fond of a-line cuts and longer lengths. 

One may think that that 'classic' means matronly or mature but on the contrary I find them to be feminine and elegant.  Jazz them up with modern shoes & handbags.  Now if you do add pearls, a broach and/or a silk scarf you'll look more like a costume more than an outfit. 

I choose black riding boots over a heel to add a casual element.  A wide textured leather belt would have the same affect.  Also, try a sweater over top or Moto jacket. 

I love trendy pieces but in a much smaller amount and often paired with my staples. I encourage you reach into your wardrobe and pull out an oldie but goodie and give it new life and wear!










Dress Beautifully

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: