Nov 12, 2021

Friday Favorites: Overalls

TGIF! Gals, it's been a fun week. The weather was warm so Vivian & I had lots of play time outside, long sunny runs, and even an outdoor movie night at her school. 

Today I had planned on leaving for the beach with my gal pals for a 'Friendsgiving' but it had to be cancelled yesterday afternoon. I imagine we've all had last minute changes and upsets in our plans this year and I reminded myself to make lemonade, find the silver lining and embrace the new plans!

This week I embraced overalls for the first time since elementary school.  The dreaded strap falling in the toilet while at school did me in! And as Southern as I am, I prefer a western/country style over 'farm'. I've warmed up to the idea seeing them continue to trend over the years.

I decided on this dark charcoal pair with more of a fitted & straight leg design that comes at a pretty price!
I added elements of 'me' with a large collared crisp white blouse and my fun sparkly sneakers.

A fitted top and blue denim are so predictable in styling overalls but I encourage you to embrace an alternative wash and top.  I plan to wear these with a chambray shirt, sweatshirt, floral blouse, puff sleeve sweater and lots of color.  Booties will also dress them up a bit.

Try and think of overalls as layering a jumpsuit vs a utilitarian outdoor uniform.


also in blue






Classic



Classic Black


Classic Cropped

Ivory

Boyfriend

Straight 


8 Washes!!!







Dress Beautifully in Overalls

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: