Nov 15, 2021

Present Over Perfect During the Holidays

 

Gracious we are entering into the 'busiest' time of year! I'm not sure if I've ever shared this but I absolutely despite the word 'busy'. It's become a form of salutation: "Hi, how are you ... oh you know busy". Well, I don't know anyone who is just sitting around bored in the house. Just sayin. 

I prefer to use the word, full. Our days are full of things we get to do, full of family & friends to love, full of laughter to share, full of strength to conquer, and yes, full of responsibilities to manage. But rather than view the fullness as 'have to's' why not embrace the fullness of life as a blessing.  

This time of year can be frantic and stressful but it can also be peaceful and simpler.

Here are some things I believe will help us be present this Holiday Season:

1. PUT YOUR PHONE DOWN


That's an easy one. Putting your phone down and placing your eyes up to see the beautiful people and surroundings you're blessed with is by far the best thing you can do of yourself and others. Being attentive is far more gratifying. Listen, share and love! 
I promise what's around you is far better than anything on your screen :)
Tip: I often use airplane mode so that I'm not alerted but can still sneak a picture of a precious moment.

2. PRIORITIZE


You can NOT do it all! Do you even want to? Choose what and who gets your time.  
Say yes to those that are the most important and no to what isn't.
Quality will always trump quantity.  Those that make the yes list will be blessed with your full attention.

3. INDULGE A LITTE


This is a very difficult for me. I am extremely rigid when it comes to maintaining a clean diet but having my darling Vivian has motivated me to soften my nutritional perimeters so that she doesn't inherit my aversion to food. I want her to see Mommy enjoying a piece of birthday cake, a scoop of ice cream and a Christmas cookie. 
I do hold firm that being healthy is important but not at the price of missing joy shared with others. 
Go to the party, have a piece ... just not several!

4. GO OUTSIDE


If your yard is anything like mine it's buried in leaves! Go rake. 
Go for a walk and admire the colors of the leaves.
Bundle up & sip your coffee watching the sunrise.
Being outside provides peace.

5. ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE


It can be very stressful with all the emphasis on gifts, things, decor, activities etc...
But look around. Take it in. You have so very much to be grateful for. Your needs are met. Enjoy what you have, right where you are! 

6. HELP OTHERS WITH A FOCUS ON JESUS



There are others all around us that are in despair. They may be in physical need and/or emotional. Think of those less fortunate, those that are grieving and those that can be blessed by your resources. Use your time, talents and money to help others the way Jesus would.

7. PLAY

I took her teepee out of her play room and outside for pretend camping
 it's the only version I'm up for and it was the most fun afternoon

Don't let the list take over.  Sure there's lots to do, but playing is much more fun. Throw the ball around, dress the barbies, dance to a couple songs, or play one more round of a game.  The tasks will still be there but the memories & laughter don't keep!

8. REST


Be still & pray. Wake up a little earlier and/or skip watching a show at night and just talk to Him in the quiet. Find peace and comfort in the calm. 


Dress Beautifully Embracing 
Presence Over Perfection

XOXO Sarah-Louise

1 comment:

SATISFONT said...

Online Shopping Site for Fashion & Lifestyle . Buy Shoes, Clothing, Accessories ; smartphones;tools and lifestyle products for women & men. Best Online Fashion Store ...clothing