Nov 17, 2021

Party Piece

 


Gals, I sure do hope you have several Christmas fetes to attend this year! I know I do and I'm ready to dress for it because that's almost as fun as the party itself.  I love seeing all the sparkle and shine on the racks (balances all the warm & cozy) but sometimes it can be a little extreme. 

Personally, I like my party pieces to go beyond just the season or event.  For example, I avoid Christmas plaids, red, and sequins as they don't translate as well beyond the holidays.  Instead, I look for pieces that can be mixed and matched, ones with embellishments and unique fabrics that can be worn throughout the year and even balanced with a pair of jeans. 

This top really struck my fancy for its organza fabric, moody florals, puff sleeves and bow tie back. It's not your 'typical' Christmasy top but still perfectly fitting. The colors are so unique and can be paired with dark hues like burgundy, plum, navy or with lavender and ivory. My favorite part was that the black cami/lining is sewn into the blouse as opposed to the clip in separate (key for easy on and off and concealing undergarments!) 

This top translates beautifully for a girls night out, date night, soiree or event where you need a little something special. I chose black skinny pants but a dark wash jean or faux leather pant would be fabulous.









Dress Beautifully in a Party Piece

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: