Nov 8, 2021

Guide to Gifting

Everywhere we turn and scroll we are influenced to buy things in such a shiny sparkly way. I can't tell you the number of gift guides I've seen and we just entered the month of November, where we are supposed to stop and give thanks for all that we have. While gifting is so fun it can also be overwhelming!  

I thought I would share a guide to gifting to encourage you this season of shopping ...


Spirit Over Spending

The reason for the season is celebration and gratitude
Let the spirit of love be the focus of your gifting


Love isn't Measured in Dollar Amounts

You can gift someone without spending. 
Your time and talents are the most impactful gifts. 
I have friends that can bake, knit, paint etc.. and those gifts I cherish the most!
Fellowship is far more valuable than the find off the shelf. 
  
I like to gift framed photos of memories made together.


Blessing others Shouldn't Break the Bank

If it causes financial strain or is done out of expectation, that is not a gift but a harm.


Avoid Greed & Help Those in Need

Sharing your blessings with those less fortunate is a great gift of love.
Samaritans Purse is one of my favorites
As well as local food banks, coat drives, and children charities.


Gals, the meaning of the gift is more important than the money it cost!!!

These little donut dates with my darling, while not too frequent (I'm opposed to giving her sugar), are full of fun! 
We sit out on the patio and talk enjoying the scenery. 
She loves to share and only her sweet smile can convince me to take a bite.
Bonus: The guy at the shop never charges me and it's the kindest gesture!

Dress Beautifully with a Giving Spirit

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: