Feb 7, 2022

Fun Facts: Sarah Louise Edition

Everyone has an ‘about me’ that shares a high level overview of who they are, what they do and what they like. But what about the things that make you you that only those close to you, behind the scenes, know?? I’m talking about the stuff that comes out during girls’ night out, sleep overs and trips away. 


So I thought I’d bring you, my readers, into the circle a bit and share some fun facts & peculiar traits to give you more insight to the gal behind the blog & pictures that you see. 

Note: I’m an extremely private person about a lot of things in my life and I don’t make apologies for it. Some things are just meant for me and those I hold dear.  I value discernment on what and when to share. I’m not a curious case but a real person that welcomes inquiries and will respectfully answer how I see appropriate :)

1. No Chill

I am FULL of energy! I wake up at 5am bouncing out of bed like a pop tart. I tackle my tasks with gusto and always go hard daily with each and every workout. Someone once said to me that it’s like I exist excited all day - I can't find the lie! I’m busy as a bee up until I crash like a sassy senior at 8pm!


I love the beginnings of things so mornings, Mondays and the first of the months I approach with extra enthusiasm.


2. Enneagram 1


I took one of these tests recently and here's what it says about my personality. Pretty accurate....

Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong. They are teachers, crusaders, and advocates for change: always striving to improve things, but afraid of making a mistake. Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic. They typically have problems with resentment and impatience. At their Best: wise, discerning, realistic, and noble. Can be morally heroic.
Basic Fear: Of being corrupt/evil, defective
Basic Desire: To be good, to have integrity, to be balanced


3. DIY Groomer


Gals I do not spend on beauty services.  I paint my nails every single Saturday without fail, I smear a tanning lotion on my legs, I apply my own makeup and coif my own mane. I don’t go to a spa for facials or massages and I don’t get injectables in my face. I do get a haircut 3-4 times a year and I get waxed in the Summer time. 


4. Hooves for Feet

Footprints in the sand are the closet you're going to want to see of my feet
#yourwelcome

I have horrendous feet. So awful that my family and friends refer to them as hooves. I have calluses so thick and hard Ryan teases that I need a Dremel tool to grind them, I have cracked dry heels (they would bleed when I was pregnant), I have congenital bunions on both feet ridden with arthritis (so painful) and my nails are so tiny and short that the pinky toenail is nonexistent (I paint a blob of polish on the skin). 

Confession: My feet shredded our sheets a couple months ago!!! I was MORTIFIED! Since then I’ve been more diligent about shaving down my calluses and applying foot cream at night. 


5. Void of Athleticism


I can not hola hoop (so frustrating), fasten my bra behind my back or play anything sports related. I can dance though! 


6. Light & Bright


I’d wear head to toe white all day every day if I could! I also love pastels, bold colors and lots and lots of pink and purple. This one shouldn’t be a shocker, but I rarely ever wear black.  I like my looks like I live my life, light and bright!


7. Prepared for the End


I have my funeral all planned out. I know this one is odd and I hope it doesn’t run you off.  I have my outfit (I want a viewing), the music, portrait and speakers selected. I’m traditional so I want a church service and while I don’t wear black (see above) I find it appropriate along with strands of pearls on this occasion for guests. 


8. Oldies 


My sister reminded me of this one.  I wear high end gym clothes and undergarments. However I find it so hard to actually buy them. So I request them for Christmas each year. I hang dry them ALL, including my panties. For something I value on a daily basis I struggle to invest so you may not want to know how old some of them are. 


9. Eat to Live


I could care less about food. Ryan even says it’s like I don’t even have taste buds. People ask me about this all the time. I just don’t care about it. I find it to be an annoyance.  I can’t stand the time, energy and money put into cooking, grocery shopping and ugh then the clean up.  I eat to nourish my body (and so my stomach will stop growling). I eat clean and unprocessed so a lot of salads, meats, vegetables and fruit. If it doesn’t do my organs and muscles good then I have no interest. I rarely eat out and don’t struggle with food indulgence. 

I do enjoy lemon flavored things, strong piping hot black coffee, a medium rare filet and snickers bars. Felt I should throw that in there so you don't think I'm missing a sense. Oh and I'll cheers you happily with a glass of bubbles or a Paloma! 


10. Tidy Freak


I am very particular about keeping our home tidy.  I can NOT stand clutter.  I keep surfaces completely clear (don’t set anything down b/c 2 seconds later I will have moved it - Ryan can speak to this irritant). I love to see emptiness. What things are stored, they are done so in an organized fashion. Now, notice I said ‘tidy’. I’m not a scrubber.  I outsource that every 3 weeks.

I've never ever purchased hand sanitizer! also not a germaphobe 

Also, I'd wallpaper every room of our home if Ryan would let me ... I've already got the upstairs hallway up next!


11. Never Hand Wash 


Speaking of cleaning.  We all have “those” chores we can’t stand. Well, not only can I NOT stand hand washing a dish or pan, I refuse.  I will let them sit in the sink as long as necessary before I pick up a sponge. It all goes in the dishwasher. It’s also important for Ryan to feel included :) 


12. Love Letters


I absolutely LOVE sending and receiving things through the postal service! I send correspondence every single week. There’s just something beautiful about a hand written note. I’ve made friends with every mail carrier I’ve ever had. While Ryan was deployed in the Middle East mine would ask me often how he was, how I was and would tell me he was praying for us. I look forward to Christine's arrival every afternoon to see what surprises I'll find in our box each day.


13. Under a Rock


I’m not in the know.  I don’t watch the news (stopped when Ryan was deployed), nor do I read the news. I’ve never been on twitter, tik tok, or even listened to a podcast. FB & IG are already a distraction. I know I need to know some current events I just feel that there’s so much discouraging things and it’s always negative.  I also like our home silent so I never have the tv on.


14. Anti- Animal


No more heart beats in our home. That’s what I said when my cat Scragley died. Then my Mamma went and gave Vivian bunny Ethel this Summer. Sigh. Ryan’s been begging without ceasing for 15 years for a big chocolate lab. I kill his dream daily, more if necessary. I absolutely will not tolerate the mess & dirt they bring into a home nor the extra care they require.  I’m a people person all the way. 

When it comes to animals I prefer eating and wearing them (I love fur and have quite the vintage collection). Give me all the fine leather goods.


15. Always Dressed 


Let’s end on a fashion note, my favorite. I get dressed every single day.  10 years ago that statement may have been a head scratcher but in the era of quarantines, working from home, leggings (they are NOT pants) and lounge wear being all the rage I break the mold and wear pants/shorts with a zippers, dresses or skirts.  In fact I don’t even own lounge wear! WHAT?!!! I have 1 single pair of joggers that my sister made me buy so that I would own something comfy.

The reality is I chill and am most comfortable in jeans/well fitting clothing. 



Gals, I'm a bold extrovert that loves to be face to face with others, and while this space is virtual I hope it gave you a little more insight into me and a good giggle or two.

If you would like more of the 'basics' click here on my About Me page.


Dress Beautifully in the Things That Make You You


XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: