Feb 11, 2022

Friday Favorites: Tailored Vests

Now that I'm working gal again I've been reminiscing on the years of dressing up in all the blazers, pencil skirts and pumps.  I loved it.  They made me feel powerful and ready to conquer the tasks at my desk. I believe that what you wear can help give you confidence and encouragement to approach situations. 
In my mom life it's been a pretty blouses with jeans or a printed skirt and sandals. 


Button Up | Vest Ralph Lauren many years ago | Jeans | Earrings |

Now I'm mixing in a WFH (work from home) set of outfits. They'll be a mix of business on the top & casual on the bottom. It's not far from how I've been dressing.  I wore a lot of vests in the office and I'm happy to pull them back out (although it shouldn't have taken this job).  

Vests are the '3rd piece'.  It's simple to put on a top and bottom but by adding an additional layer like a vest, scarf, statement necklace or jacket really seals the look.  

I encourage you to go beyond the button up and jeans when adding a vest. Over a dress or with a tee and skirt it adds so much shape and structure. Better yet, try one alone with high waisted jeans! 

Here are some great vest options ...

White Vest

Tailored Vest

also in polka dot & faux leather



layer during the day but alone it's sassy for a night out


love it paired with all white


this is along that can also be worn alone



Dress Beautifully in a Tailored Vest

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: