Feb 28, 2022

Your Best for Success

I don’t know of a time where I haven’t felt the pressure of ‘success'. From getting good grades in school, performing in my career and even in relationships. 


I’m a Type A (& Enneagram 1 for further explanation) driven person that is constantly striving for the best in everything I do.  I was chatting with my oldest and dearest friend on Friday and she pointed out that I (and Ryan too) am so intense and always doing things above and beyond.  We both laughed at this truth!! 



There are so many measurements in this world: salaries, square footage, dress size, milage pace, rsvp’s and oh the ‘likes’ (hiding that count on IG is my most favorite feature). They are all quantifiers we easily use to define us. 


But when I die (y’all know now that I have my funeral planned out - if not go read this fun fact post about myself) I hope to goodness my family and friends don’t remember me for my resume, assets, waistline, running speed, party size or social media popularity!



I’m not saying your work, investments, fitness, friends or platforms are bad.  In fact, they are all super important to me because those are the avenues in which I serve and encourage others. 


However prevalent these are in our world I do not want to be defined by them. This was solidified in me after Vivian was born and I chose to be out of the office. It’s amazing the perspective you gain from loving others & following God's plan and purpose. I’m back at work in a very different capacity now but want to continue to grow with a mindset of living for Him not the world.


Here’s what I’m going to do for the success I do want to have …


MY BEST


My Mamma said this is all she ever wanted from me.  

I’m not called to perfection.



Keep trying - never ever give up. Continue to grow and learn.


Dress Beautifully in Your Best


XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: