Dec 29, 2022

A Whole Hand

Our darling Vivian Louise turned 5 yesterday!

As her mother, I feel so many things like honor, privilege, joy, gratitude, excitement, and love for all the moments I've been given with her and hope for billions more. 

I make it my priority to be as present and involved on these days as possible by preparing the details in advance and passing my phone/camera to someone else to capture pictures. This way my hands and eyes are on what matters most. When the day is done I can look through the photos, reliving it all and then share. I've done this for years and it makes for a very meaningful day.

There can be a lot of pressure when it comes to dressing for milestone occasions but as Zsa Zsa as I am I find that focusing on simplicity and comfort are more important than the grander of the outfit.

I typically choose a well fitted, non-distressed pair of jeans and a colorful top or sweater. The day isn't about me but I surely want to look good. The ability to participate easily is key. I play the games, get down on the floor for presents and you bet I'm jumping and sliding in the bounce house! 

Often we try too hard for that 'perfect outfit' when it's what we are doing that matters more than what we are wearing. 

Style Tip: Keeping your outfit simple & comfortable, in what makes you feel confident, will always be the perfect outfit! Also sparkly sneakers (and capes) are my favorite to wear :)

Dress Beautifully While You're Having Fun

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: