Mar 27, 2023

S'More

One of Vivian's favorite things we do as a family is a backyard fire pit with s'mores. Actually it's our favorite too!

I'm going to share something personal here. For nearly all of my adult life I never ever would allow myself to eat a s'more or any other treat as I was extremely strict on eating natural, unprocessed healthy foods. I didn't go out to eat and it affected my social life greatly. I was intense and regimented about exercising and controlling my body.

Having our darling Vivian Louise changed me in countless ways but one of them was wanting to soften these habits. Not only do I not want to expose/pass them down to her but I wanted to join in and have her see her Mamma eat birthday cake, share halloween candy and make a s'more for herself!

I still eat very healthy, exercise daily and struggle with my body but now on occasion and with a smile, I eat a s'more!!!

As I see my 40th birthday in just less than a month I've pondered what I want 'some more' of ...

JESUS

I want to give Him more of my time in His word, loving & serving His people.

FELLOWSHIP


I want more face to face time with family and friends.
We live in a world where we can see things virtually but that isn't the same as spending quality time together in person. Rather than talking about getting together with folks, I want to actually put dates on the calendar and make it happen! (with our phones down and eyes up on each other!)

HOSPITALITY 


Another thing I haven't shared is that despite my disdain for cooking, I've been doing it for 3 months now about 4 times a week. My feelings on it haven't changed but Ryan surely has felt more love, as have my friends. I want to open the doors of our home more often and sit around our dining room table alongside those we love and laugh! (Hopefully over some yummy food) 

Dress Beautifully Adding S'More to Your Days

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: