Jul 7, 2016

Black Eyelet



So one of my goals from my Summer To-Do List was to incorporate more black into my wardrobe.  I have more white and ivory than anything else.  I have to stay true to what I like and be confident in my personal style but I also feel it's equally as important to embrace items and styling that isn't your typical.  Most gals don't have a shortage of black more like an overload.

I didn't make it easy on my self choosing the season of heat to bring on dark pieces. However, I find it quite chic to wear black in the Summer. The key to incorporating this ebony hue is all in the fabric.  Linen, Poplin, Cotton and the loveliest of all, eyelet.  Eyelet is a light weight fabric containing holes that are finished with embroidery.  These 'holes' are often designed in graphic or floral patterns.

I have to confess, I didn't scout this top out on my own.  One of my gal pals was wearing it a few weeks ago and I knew at first sight I had to have it too.  Naturally I surround myself with fashionable friends.

Let me just share the details that make this number a top favorite. The mixed media of cotton and eyelet, the cut-in design at the shoulder, crisp collar, the high waisted eyelet peplum, the scalloped hem, the eyelet back and a whole lot of sass in the see-through waist and back.

I went with contrast and paired it with bright white skinnies but I think this weekend I'll go with a pair of denim cut off shorts.

Tip:  A black racer back bra is the perfect undergarment to compliment the transparency of the eyelet.

You can absolutely go dark with your summer pieces but do so in light weight feminine fabrics to avoid melting!








Black Eyelet Top: Madewell || Jeans: Loft || Espadrille Wedges: Tory Burch || 
Earrings: Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Black Eyelet

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: