Jul 21, 2016

Ikat


Ikat is a method of printing woven fabric by tie-dyeing the warp yarns before weaving. 
One of the defining characteristics of Ikat textiles is the ‘blurriness’ of the design.  It’s a result of the extreme difficulty in lining up the yarns in constructing the pattern.  The blurred print gives a softer statement and over the years has become valued by designers.

Personally, I love the not so sharp print.  I prefer abstract over graphic for its subtlety and more discrete statement.

Blurred prints are easier to mix with other prints and colors and are especially great in interior design for pillows and upholstery.

This top is particularly nice for its purple color.  Is it just me or is purple a very rare color to find?  From a production stand point I know that purple pigments/dyes are more expensive than other colors but I would totally be willing to pay for such a pretty shade!


I kept this look light in pairing with a complementary ivory skirt and nude heels.  







Ikat Top: Similar & Here || Skirt: Similar & Here || Pumps: Cole Haan ||

Dress Beautifully in Ikat

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: