Jul 22, 2016

Friday 5: Fall Bags

Today is a fantastic Friday!!!  For so many reasons I’m extra giddy this Friday – Mr arrives this afternoon and will be in our home forever!  (With the exception of two short visits back to the coast next month to wrap up some Navy business) AND big stuff is happening in my career AND this time next week we will be at our vacation destination!.  Needless to say we will be celebrating and cheering our many blessings this weekend!

Unless you live under a rock you know about the big Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that happens every July.  The sale introduces the upcoming Fall season with select merchandise at a lower price.  This sale is for a limited time and then the price rises back up to its retail price.  It’s a great opportunity to stock up on those normally higher priced items like handbags, boots and coats.

However, I find that it can be a challenge with the current afternoon temps over 100F and no sign of a cool down any time soon to even think about cold weather clothing.

In the past I have taken full advantage of the sale and brought home some great loot.  Over the past couple of years I haven’t had much luck but that may just be because my closet isn’t lacking (not that I’m a hoarder I just tend to purchase quality classic pieces that last and so no need to repurchase).  I also have been concentrating on home décor and our upcoming trip when it comes to spending our extra funds.

I’ve been lusting after a red handbag for over a year now and I’ve finally found ‘The One’ and I’m so close to earning the achievement to warrant such a beautiful treat! Work Hard –Play Hard #Hustle

I also wouldn’t mind adding a fall handbag this season.  One in a darker color and/or texture.

Here are my 5 favorite fall bags from the Nordstrom Sale ….




Black Tote:  Classic and Polished. Perfect for the office (files, computer, planner etc. ) and for weekend to hold all your running around essentials – water, snacks, even a change of clothes

Pinot Crossbody:  I’m obsessed with burgundy for fall/winter!! It’s rich and warm and always makes me thing of a big glass of red wine.  This bag is very ‘Chanel’ like and it doesn’t get more classic than that!

Leopard Calf Hair Bag:  When it comes to leopard accessories (bags, shoes, belts) ALL of mine are calf hair.  It’s gives a luxurious texture and construction.  Animal prints are a great way to add interest & print.

Suede Satchel:  Suede is another rich texture for fall/winter.  I’m especially liking suede this season as the 70’s, boho vibes are in full swing. I wouldn’t mind a suede jacket in my closet either. 

Grey Convertible Tote:  I like this tote for its versatile straps.  You don’t see chain very often on totes and I like that these are designed with grommets so that you can wear on your shoulder or crossbody.  Most crossbodys are small so this bag gives you lots of function.

Dress Beautifully with a New Handbag for Fall

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: