Jul 28, 2016

Orange You Glad ...


Orange you glad it’s almost Friday?!!!!!

I can honestly say I have ants in my pants for tomorrow as we depart bright and early for our first ‘real’ trip together in 10 years!!

This week and next are the 2 BEST weeks of Summer 2016! 
Every night this week it’s been Vacation Bible School – VBS at our church and I’ve been a group leader to 11 3rd-5th grade boys and girls WHEW! Talk about crashing every night.  In all seriousness, I’ve been looking forward to VBS for months and I have had as much fun as the kiddos singing, dancing, playing games, crafting and most importantly learning and growing in our faith.  My role is to teach and guide these kids as we explore the story of Noah but the reality is I’m learning just as much.  I was reminded this week of the blessing of God’s grace, the importance of obedience (no matter how old I am), trusting in Him and keeping my faith. 

Tomorrow, we are leaving on a jet plane for the west coast to visit San Francisco and Wine Country! #cheers
We have a lot to celebrate and blessings to give thanks for – Mr returning safely from deployment in the Middle East, end of US Navy military service, settling in our QC home together, new careers for both of us, 6 years of marriage, great healthy, loving family and friends, the list goes on and on …..

So getting back on the fashion track, over the past 3 years I’ve been embracing the color orange.  I have never liked or given this shade any attention beyond Halloween.  Probably because my hair has always been orange.  It all started when I found this awesome orange rug for our living room with navy and ivory shades in the print.  It’s a large rug and fills the entire room so the orange is very prominent.  I found myself gravitating to more orange in décor accessories for our home and in my clothing and jewelry.  It pairs beautifully with navy, greens and purples.  I can’t believe how much orange I’ve incorporated into my world!  I’ve definitely been missing out all these years. 

Ladies, I challenge you to take a color that you normally disregard and give it a second look.  You just might be glad you did!

Bright sundresses are staples in these hot sunny months.  They’re cool, cheerful and oh so pretty.  Consider a bright orange dress in your summer wardrobe. 








Orange Dress: Similar & Here & Here || Espadrilles: Tory Burch || Earrings: Similar || 
Sunglasses: Kate Spade || 

Dress Beautifully in Orange

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: