Jul 25, 2016

Lighter & Longer


Midi length dresses and skirts have been popping up more frequently over the past year.  I’ve paid them no attention whatsoever because my instinct told me that I’m way too short and that they were too reminiscent of the 80’s & 90’s. All I could picture were the floral frocks with big white collars my Mamma wore to church. #blessherheart

The more abundant they become in stores, the more I’m slowly giving them a second look.
I have discovered that there have been modern design changes that have made drastic improvements to better flatter.
A higher waist and slimmer skirt are key.  The higher the waistline the longer your legs and body appear.  By reducing the skirt volume you prevent being overwhelmed by fabric.

This dress is perfect for embracing a midi length because it’s light and bright with a sheer upper bodice and hemline.  The tie waist allows you to cinch in your shape.
And the extra bonus is the price point!

I added a pop of fun with some candy apple red sandals!


See more of my love of feminine eyelet fabric for Summer in a black blouse from this post.  







White Eyelet Dress: Target & Similar & Here || Red Sandals: Tory Burch Similar & Here ||
Bangle: J Crew || Handbag: Prada || 

Dress Beautifully in Eyelet

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: