Jul 1, 2016

Friday 5: Stripes

TGIF!!! That’s the first thing I say on Friday mornings on my daily call with Mr on his drive to work. 
Side Note:  I can’t wait to have him home for good and I can say it first thing when we open our eyes in person!

July 4th is pretty much my favorite holiday!!! Right after Easter, because let’s be real nothing compares to the sacrifice on the cross.  But the sacrifice of the men and women for our country is one of utmost honor.  What a blessing to live in a free country where we are afforded such privilege!!

Growing up my family did it up big for the 4th of July.  There were hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, lots of red white and blue decorations, always an angel food cake with berries and my Uncle Jeff manning the fireworks.  There’s something so magical about twirling sparklers in the dark!

Once I met Mr, 10 years ago WHAT?!!, we made it a tradition to celebrate at the beach.  Salty Toes and Sandy Kisses J
And since he’s been a US Naval Officer the past several years it’s been extra special.
This year we’re taking a turn from our tradition and bringing the party inland to our home in the Queen City.  We will be toasting America with our friends and I couldn’t be happier.

So finally to this Friday’s 5, I’m sharing stripes because stars aren’t for fashion but best used for wishes. 
Stripes are classic, a bit nautical and will never steer your wrong when it comes to style.

I scouted these striped pieces from J Crew.  I own the shorts and have my eye on the skirt (it’s now 40% off so it may be just the push I need to bring it home).  The dress is a forever piece.  I have a few striped dresses so no need for more.  The one piece swimsuit is so super cute, but I’m just not ready to give up my bikinis – check back in 5 years.  This off the shoulder top, if you don’t have one yet, is so pretty.  I have it in white but see no need to have multiple of the same style considering they are casual/weekend only and won’t get enough wear to justify. 

Chanel your patriotic spirit by adding stripes to your look this weekend and/or America’s signature colors red, white & blue.


FYI:  I’m wearing this red white and blue ensemble today – in case you ever wonder if I really do wear what I blog about.


      Swimsuit  -  Top  -  Dress  -  Shorts  -  Skirt 

Dress Beautifully in Stripes

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: