Jul 19, 2016

Chartreuse


Chartreuse is the color precisely between green and yellow, so it’s 50% green an 50% yellow.  If that’s hard for you to picture just think about mixing lemons and limes.

Personally, I feel that it’s a forgotten color.  You could even say it’s a ‘unique’ color and somewhat stringent.  It’s bright and bold but on the other hand it plays well with other colors.  Mixed with pastels, jewel tones and dark neutrals, chartreuse pops!

I find that a lot of gals including myself find it difficult to wear bright yellow.  Chartreuse is the perfect shade to give you that lively look but slightly toned down.

Side Note:  I’ve brought chartreuse into the interior design of our home … stay tuned to see how and where!


I went with a bright summer look and paired this chartreuse blouse with a white eyelet skirt for pattern and texture, a soft pastel pink bag for softness & added color and a dark tortoise bracelet for a pop of contrast and shine.  With all my outfits I strive to incorporate the elements of color, texture, pattern and shine. 








Chartreuse Blouse: Similar & Here & More Options || Eyelet Skirt: Similar & Here ||
Espadrilles: Tory Burch || Tortoise Bracelet: J Crew || Handbag: Tory Burch ||

Dress Beautifully in Chartreuse

XOXO Sarah Louise

P.S. Pairing Options ...



No comments: