Jul 11, 2016

Drop it Low


Dropping it low today and I don’t mean dance moves; although I will confess I had some saucy skills out in the club during my college years!  Who am I kidding?! I’ll get down at a wedding any time!  But today I’m talking about waist lines.  Drop waist lines.  You see them all the time on wedding gowns and here lately on boho tops with a long peplum.  But a drop waist on dresses isn’t so common.  At least not since the 20’s.

Typically I wear my waist lines at the natural waist which is a bit higher than most gals prefer but it works for my body shape (and for tucking) and I find it elongates the body and I need all the help I can get!
A drop waist dress is flirty and creates a flouncy strut as you walk moving around the pleated/ruffled hem.
It’s different and unexpected.
The trick is to make sure the dress isn’t too big. Otherwise you’ll look like a big sack with no hint that there’s a body underneath.  The dress should skim over the hips – like a gradual angle from your ribs down.

I was tickled when I found this dress in a sweet shimmering peach.  I love the detailed hem with pieces of pleated fabric to add layered movement and detail.

This dress is a prime example of the importance of a racer back bra.  Gals, you must have one!  I wear mine all the time and find it not only very comfortable and supportive, but essential in dressing for cut in sleeveless garments and tanks.


I styled this drop waist dress with statement earrings in emerald green and a lace up pump for a dressier look.  You’d be equally as peachy keen in a more casual pairing with wedges. 








Drop Waist Dress: Banana Republic & Similar  || Lace Up Pumps: Similar & Here ||
Earrings: Kendra Scott || 

Dress Beautifully in a Drop Waist Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: