Jul 13, 2016

Crisp Black Shirtdress


The shirtdress is just what it sounds like - a dress version of the button up shirt.  Think of it as feminizing the man’s dress shirt.  Made of crisp cotton and with the traditional curved hem and a touch of modern and casual with rolled sleeves, it’s the perfect balance.

To me this is the picture of polished style.  The style is timeless. The fit is feminine, skimming the body not swallowing or hugging too tightly.  And it’s a blank canvas for endless accessorizing!

I shared with you that my goal was to incorporate more black into my wardrobe and I’m pretty proud of myself for actually braving the darker side.  I started with this eyelet blouse I shared with you last week, and added this dress next.  I stayed within my style perimeters just opted for the opposite of my go-to shade of white.
Confession: I snagged this dress in white a few months ago – I have no shame in multiples when it comes to the classics!

I find that gals instinctively pair black ensembles with black shoes.  Personally, nude shoes are my favorite pairing for black.  It’s not matchy-matchy and because it blends with your skin it doesn’t distract. 
I went with a pair of espadrilles for a more casual and comfortable look.
I did however add color and texture with this statement stone necklace in red & turquoise.  I’ve been obsessed with natural elements when it comes to jewelry lately – stones, leather, sea glass, wood etc…

This dark shirtdress will not only keep you cool in it’s easy cotton design but brings lots of chic to your summer wardrobe!  It’s perfect for the office or weekends with changes to your shoes; pumps, flats, wedges or sandals you can’t go wrong!

Just be sure to also have fun with your accessories on this blank canvas. 







Black Shirtdress: J Crew || Wedges: Tory Burch & Similar || Handbag: Tory Burch & Similar ||
Necklace: Similar & Here || 

Dress Beautifully in a Crisp Black Shirtdress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: