Feb 16, 2015

Brick & Blue

 

How fun is this skirt?!!  J Crew has the amazing ability to catch your eye with a pop of print in every collection they launch. This skirt was on the front table of the store and made it in my arms before I could even browse a rack.

The colors are saturated and unexpected.  It's somewhat contradictory having such deep hues in a floral print, I tend to think of pastels for blooms but I'm digging the darker palette. It almost reminds me of a painting you'd see in a museum from hundreds of years ago. 

Having auburn locks, I'm quite fond of the rust color. It's a muted version of red but is just as much fun.  I decided to pull from the blue with a menswear inspired, striped button down opposite the feminine floral. 

Since the ground hog was right in predicting several more weeks of winter black tights were a must!

You can find this firework print in various other pieces here.  For me, the fabric in this skirt was of a heavier wight and conveyed a more intense version of the colors. 





Skirt: J Crew || Button Down: J Crew || Tights: J Crew || Pumps: Nine West ||

Dress Beautifully in Brick & Blue

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: