Feb 25, 2015

Black & Blue


I get asked often if pairing black and blue is ok.  It's more than ok gals!  I personally love pairing the two shades.  Since I don't wear a lot of black, it's key to add some color when I do.  

The 'Midi' length is a huge trend and one I've been dying to try but being petite I was extremely apprehensive that it would make me look shorter than I already am.  I've found that a lot of the midi length skirts are full and pleated.  By opting for a midi length that's fitted or less voluminous you get more of a sleek long look.  To me the midi length is very feminine and reminds me of those elegant ladies of the 50's!

This black dress has subtle and sophisticated stripes and a lot of stretch to create a fitted shape. I paired it with cobalt blue pumps and coat (y'all it was crazy cold taking these pics!).  For the summer months I plan to pair this dress with sandals and wedges for a more casual look.







Photos BMD

Dress: Ann Taylor || Pumps: Nine West || Coat: J Crew Similar || 
Handbag: Prada || Earrings: Kate Spade || Bangle: David Yurman || 

Dress Beautifully in Black & Blue

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: