Feb 19, 2015

Ladies Who Lunch

Today I hosted a luncheon for a group of lovely ladies and fellow military wives.  We are all members of 'Gourmet Club'. We meet once a month to enjoy a 5 course meal and great company.  There is a rotation amongst the members to host and cook (I clearly host!)

Hosting a dinner party can be intimidating to some, for me southern hospitality is in my blood.  Welcoming others into my home is a way to serve and extend love.  My home isn't grand nor do I have the fanciest of serving ware. Here's the truth: the company is what matters! (and maybe the food, hence I leave that to someone else)

We vary the cuisine each month sampling the delicious flavors of different cultures from all over the world.

I joined this club over a year ago to meet other women and in great hopes of learning to cook.  Regretfully, I still dread the kitchen but I do have a new appreciation of a delicious meal and friendships I cherish.

This month our luncheon captured the cuisine of New Orleans in celebration of Mardi Gras.


For my tablescape I kept it simple but with vibrant colors.  I filled glass cylindrical vases with ornaments I already owned and strung beads throughout.  I added a few masks and used gold for the place settings.  


For the cocktail I made a King's Cup.  It's tangy and includes a topping of champagne and colored sugar! And if that wasn't enough, I was able to use my new bar cart, Cheers!

Tip: to add sugar to the glass rim simply coat a paper napkin with coconut syrup and apply to the rim, then dip into a plate of sugar. I used a mix of purple & green for extra fun!


For the appetizer we nibbled on Muffuletta Skewers and Spinach Balls with Creole Mustard Sauce 


We sipped on a White and Rose Wine. 









Cheers! 
Tip: straws save your lipstick ... and they add extra fun :) 

Host Gracefully

XOXO Sarah Louise



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! The food looks delicious (as do the drinks).

Dress Beautifully said...

Thanks Gal! I can only take credit for the cocktail but I'm trying ... I'm cooking about 3 times a week = Major for me!! This is definitely more your expertise and I certainly thought of you as I was writing :) Hosting another dinner party Saturday night and for this one I'm contributing to the meal ... stay tuned! (and wish me luck)