Feb 26, 2015

Ginger Jars

I'm ALL about Blue and White when it come to my home decor.
It's crisp clean and classic. Even Mr likes it! #winning

Home styling is fairly new to me.  We've lived apart up until the past 2 years ago and we don't own our home (military life).  So I've tried to be patient in purchasing and choosing pieces that will compliment whatever home we live in.
PSA: Decorating is crazy expensive!!!

I'm so glad that we are starting this process now in our 30's as I'm more mature and smart with my style.  I'm traditional with pops of modern.  I want my decor to last as long as possible!

So, until I can paint, buy more furniture and wallpaper, Yes, I said wallpaper!!! I'm going to use what I can to add some style to my home.

Ginger jars were one of the first things I added to my shelves and table tops.  The bright blue and white  adds print and color and a bit of culture to a room.
Ginger jars originated in China hundreds of years ago. They are porcelain containers that were used to store food items. Today, we use them for storage, vases and decor.

I have them scattered through my spaces to instill some continuity throughout my home.
This year Mr & I have BIG plans that include moving to a city we love and owning our own home (Screeching with Excitement!!!) and I can't wait to see what I will do with these gorgeous jars!

Follow me on Pinterest to see lots of pins using Blue & White!



Living Room End Table - Jar from Hobby Lobby 




Hallway Shelf (belonged to my Grandma) Jars from Marshalls 



Living Room Table - Vase from Hobby Lobby 



Guest Room Secretary Desk (Family Heirloom) Jar from Marshalls 

Dress Your Home Beautifully with Ginger Jars

XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: