Feb 9, 2015

Around Here

Gals! I'm coming back!

See, outside of this internet blogging world is real life. And my real life happenings are just as real as the outfits I strut around in.

So thanks in advance for giving me some grace :)

So here's what's been going on around here and getting in the way of sharing fashion with you...

Mr practices medicine as an officer in the US Navy.  I can't say too much or share the really awesome pics but he's been gone for 5 weeks and as my personal blog paparazzi he's essential (too bad the cat has no thumbs).  I'm lucky I have a gal pal close by who can fill in as this won't be the last time he'll be gone :(  BUT he arrived safely home to me last night and my cup runneth over!!! I literally almost kissed his face off and squeezed the stuffings out of him!

He came home to a donut cake (he was grateful I didn't attempt to bake!) as a belated 35th birthday celebration!
Delicious Donuts - Krispy Kreme 

I'm President of a local non-profit that supports our local military community and it's families. Our biggest fundraiser of the year was last Friday and I've hustled hard this month to bring it to fruition.  I'm blessed to have worked with an amazing committee that was willing to serve where needed.
My philanthropic efforts started over 10 years ago through various organizations including the Junior League of Charlotte NC along with public and political groups.  Some of which I have served as a board member and chairperson. I love serving my community, state, and country by giving back and striving to make an impact in the lives of others.
I strongly encourage you to volunteer where you feel lead!
Needless to say countless hours were spent planning and organizing!

It was a Mardi Gras themed event so masks and sequins were a must especially since I was the evening's Emcee!


I may not be on track for blogging as much as I'd like but I've managed to stick to cooking one new recipe a week (it's been an adventure!) and completing one sewing project a month ... details to come :)

It's hard trying to do it all!

I tried to send y'all some ootd's via Instagram @MrsSarahLouise when I could but please stay tuned for some inspiring looks coming soon!

Dress Beautifully

XOXO
Sarah Louise

No comments: