Jun 19, 2015

Embroidered


Brightly colored embroidery is a huge trend for tops and dresses.  To me the embellishment is cultured - reminding me of something you'd buy on vacation in another country. Some call this style boho, tribal, or aztec; especially on non-sturured pieces such as peasant tops or dresses.

I personally love embroidery over many other types of embellishments such as beading or fringe.  I embroider all my towels and linens with our monogram as well the cuff of my dress shirts for work.

This past week the South has been hit with an intense heat wave - I seriously feel like my freckles are on fire!!! When Mr and I went to Beaufort, NC last weekend this dress was perfect to keep me cool since we were outside most of the day.
It's made of light weight linen in a shift design. I don't normally  wear shift dresses as they are designed in a straight cut with no waist seam.  Being a curvy gal, smaller upper body and larger lower body, I  feel that shifts can hide my shape making me look a bit boxy.  This dress, though it didn't define the waist, has side seams that are cut on a curve skimming the body.  When it's scorching outside you want something that's loose with lots of movement.

 The embroidered bib gives it structure and adds interest with the sunburst detailing.  I also loved the bright orange and blue together against the stark white.  I'm obsessed with the blue and white color combo and orange is seriously climbing the list.  I paired this dress with strappy blue mid-heels to show you styling for causal friday at work or for a summer soiree (showers, brunch, church, date night etc.)  Opt for flat sandals or espadrilles for casual occasions or when lots of walking is involved.

For extra measure to beat the heat, I pulled my hair back in two braids along my front hair line and pinned them in place.  I like my hair down as it's my favorite physical attribute - but it's also like wearing a furry bear on your head and will darn right 'cause a heat stroke.

Add some fun to your summer wardrobe with colored embroidery.







Embroidered Linen Dress: J Crew also in a top version & Here || 
Shoes: Similar & Here & Here || 

Dress Beautifully in Colored Embroidery 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: