Oct 21, 2015

Burgundy Leather Vest


Let's talk about leather and long vests.
1. Leather is a natural texture that adds depth and structure.  I dare say even a bit edgy but not in a 'where'd you park your Harley?' way.
2. Long vests are chic, elongating and a practical way to layer.

The key to styling the long vest is fit.  It needs to be tailored creating long lines that follow the natural curve of the body so that it highlights the waist.  Think of  a blazer stretched long and removing the sleeves.  If it's boxy or too big it will overwhelm.

I don't know about you but I like having my arms free for movement.  Nothing (ok some things) is more uncomfortable than a binding piece - it's almost claustrophobic.

I saw this vest on the rack and it was an instant must have.  I tried it on right there in the middle of the floor rather than taking the time to walk to a fitting room.  I checked myself out in one of those columns with mirrors and knew it was coming home.

Burgundy is one of my most favorite colors for Fall/Winter.  I paired it's masculine leather with a soft cream silk blouse, black skinny jeans & tan booties and handbag. I couldn't resist adding my new favorite hat in blush felt.  This look has somewhat of a 70's vibe and I love me some 70's fashion!

I plan to style this leather vest with navy, pinks, powder blue, and grey.

For the office add this burgundy leather vest over a printed dress or over a blouse and pencil skirt to give your office style a modern look.







Burgundy Leather Vest: Belk || Blouse: Similar & Here || Jeans: Hudson ||
Booties: Louise et Cie Similar & Here || Handbag: Tory Burch ||
Hat: J Crew || Necklace: Similar || Polish: Butter of London || 

Dress Beautifully in a Leather Long Vest

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: