Oct 26, 2015

Sweater Jacket


Sweater weather is upon us!  I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for the quickly approaching colder temps but like I shared earlier, the cozy textured fabrics get me excited.

Since Fall is all about transition and the day can range 20-30 degrees layering your looks is the way to go.

Sweater jackets are fantastic for several reasons. They have the warm cozy texture of a sweater but the structured weight of a blazer.  Since I don't wear cardigans (I may have 2) this is a nice compromise over a heavy tweed jacket.

I've loved tweed since I discovered the iconic style of Jackie O., 20 years ago. Tweed is a woven pattern of multicolored thick yarn-like threads - usually wool.  The different colors and thickness not only keep you warn but add depth and interest to a piece,  When styling, you can pull from the many colors throughout.  This sweater jacket has silver, lavender, light blue, navy, and a bright cobalt blue. The other fun detail is the navy fringe along the outer seams, sleeves and pockets.

I chose to enhance the lavender and silver threads with my orchid blouse and grey trousers.  I plan to also pair with chambray, stripes, grey, and cream tops.  Top off a basic tee and a pair of boyfriend jeans for a polished but casual look for the weekends.







Sweater Jacket: J Crew || Blouse: J Crew || Trousers: Similar & Here ||
Pumps: Nine West || Necklace: Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in a Sweater Jacket

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: