Oct 27, 2015

Soiree: SL in the QC


Invitations designed/created by Moi
I've cropped the bottom of the invitation for privacy - No creepers/stalkers welcome

This past Saturday I hosted my first soiree in our new home.
It was a time to gather with my gal pals and a welcoming of my return to the Queen City. 
I also wanted to debut our house and it's interiors as I've been keeping it somewhat a secret.
(Posts to come)
Decorating is an ongoing process and there's always tweaking.  I find myself never quite ready or satisfied with a room but my Mamma reminded me that 'Rome wasn't built in a day'.  You can't do it all.  It takes time.  Sadly, my house didn't come with a money tree in the backyard and decorating isn't cheap!

There's no perfect house nor life, but it's ours and it's perfectly filled with Love! 

I was tickled pink to use these family heirloom crystal glasses and to serve from my antique buffet

My goal for this shindig was not only to celebrate our new home but to also show gratitude for the welcoming our friends and family have shown us.  They are our support and encouragement through our day-to-day and our milestones.  Cheers all around! 

These pink bubbles were a gift and I've been saving it just for this occasion


POP FIZZ CLINK


 And for those driving or expecting a baby some sparkling lemonade & water
Fancy Another Tray: Kate Spade || Ice Bucket: Lenox ||
Zebra Cocktail Napkins: Here ||

Bar carts are essential for serving in the formal room or away from the kitchen

I served heavy hors d'oeuvres and sweet treats

barbecue chicken sliders, orzo pasta salad, bacon wrapped dates, roasted sweet potatoes, 
hummus & veggies, pepper jelly over cream cheese & crackers
Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese icing & sugar cookies with lemon curd

My co-host all gussied up 

Our moving announcements by Shutterfly 
I have a thing for snail mail :) 

When throwing a soiree remember, it's not all about the decor, food and how fancy the presentation is; rather the company and fellowship that fills the room!

Stay tuned for a peek into my home and design next week!

Dress Your Next Soiree Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: